Dah Di Dah
A FEW USEFUL THINGS TO KNOW
About our products:
About your order:
Dah-Di-Dah Publishing Ltd – Terms and Conditions:
1. These terms and conditions are between Dah-Di-Dah Publishing Ltd (“Dah-Di-Dah”) and the Customer. They replace any previous terms and conditions of Dah-Di-Dah and are the complete and only terms and conditions between the parties. All dealings between Dah-Di-Dah and the Customer shall be governed by these terms and conditions which shall prevail over any others.
2. These terms and conditions and any contract formed pursuant to them may be varied provided any variation is confirmed in writing by an authorised representative of Dah-Di-Dah.
3. A binding contract will be formed when Dah-Di-Dah notifies its acceptance of a Customer’s order for goods or services (the “Contract”). An invoice may be dispatched prior to delivery of the goods and shall be payable in advance of receipt of goods unless otherwise agreed by Dah-Di-Dah.
4. If the Customer has purchased a Dah-Di-Dah product as a consumer, the Customer must adhere to the returns policy of the distributor or retailer of the Dah-Di-Dah products who they bought the product from.
5. To return goods that are faulty, damaged or incorrectly supplied the Customer must have a goods return number (“GRN”). The Customer must notify Dah-Di-Dah in writing of any faults, damages or incorrectly supplied goods within 7 days of receipt of an order. A GRN can be obtained by contacting Dah-Di-Dah and providing the invoice number. A GRN will then be provided, together with instructions for returning the goods. Dah-Di-Dah will not accept returns without a valid GRN. All returned items must be in their original packaging, unopened and unused and returned within 14 days of the date of issue of the GRN. The Customer must pay for the costs of return unless the goods are faulty, damaged or incorrectly supplied and will be liable for them until they reach Dah-Di-Dah. On receipt of the returned goods, Dah-Di-Dah will credit the Customer’s account with any sum debited as soon as possible.
6. Unless specified, Value Added Tax will not be included in any price and will be charged at the rate in force at the time of quotation.
7. Interest on overdue invoices may be charged (at the discretion of Dah-Di-Dah) in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 until the date of payment and the Customer agrees to pay any reasonable expenses (not limited to expenses fixed by Court) incurred by Dah-Di-Dah in pursuing any outstanding debt or debts due from the Customer.
8. In some cases a credit account may be considered. Government agencies will be pre-approved for credit. Other organisations may request a credit application form and the establishment of a credit account is entirely at the discretion of Dah-Di-Dah.
9. Proofs of work for personalised goods may be submitted for the Customer’s approval and Dah-Di-Dah shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by the Customer in proofs so submitted. The Customer shall notify Dah-Di-Dah in writing within 7 days of receipt of the proofs stating whether or not the proofs are acceptable. If the Customer does not notify Dah-Di-Dah within this period, the proofs will be deemed to have been accepted. If the Customer requests Dah-Di-Dah to reproduce any logos or other protected intellectual property, the Customer grants to Dah-Di-Dah a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual licence to use such rights for the purposes of producing the personalised goods only.
10. Title to the goods shall pass when payment is made in full. For the purposes of payment of Dah-Di-Dah’s invoice only, time is of the essence. Until payment is made in full the Customer shall allow Dah-Di-Dah or its agents to enter its premises during business hours to inspect any goods which have not been paid for in full and remove them. The Customer shall not sell, give, pledge, lend, charge or otherwise dispose of the goods before title has passed without the written agreement of Dah-Di-Dah.
11. Risk of loss shall pass on delivery and all delivery times are estimates only.
12. The Dah-Di-Dah Step-by-Step Guides are a quality product. Printed in Britain and hand assembled in Britain, they are made from high quality materials that are waterproof and tear resistant. These products are robust but not indestructible. They are designed to withstand normal everyday use and accidental immersion in water and spills of none solvent based liquids. Because they are hand assembled each item is considered to be bespoke.
13. It is the Customer's responsibility to inspect the goods on delivery. Any visible defects in the goods must be notified to Dah-Di-Dah within 7 days of delivery during which time Dah-Di-Dah shall repair or replace such goods free of charge. After this time any goods with visible defects may be replaced at the Customer's expense. The customer accepts that because these products are printed, there may be slight variations in colour which is normal in the industry. Our printers and our assembly team take great care over manufacture and assembly, our people aren't robots and it's possible that every now and again a page may be a millimetre or so out of alignment. This does not constitute a fault or grounds for return of the product because the product is still able to be used effectively.
14. Nothing in these terms shall operate to exclude or limit Dah-Di-Dah's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 or fraud.
15. Dah-Di-Dah shall not be liable to the Customer whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of profit; anticipated profits; revenues; anticipated savings; goodwill or business opportunity; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever or for any failure to comply with its obligations due to an event beyond Dah-Di-Dah's reasonable control. Dah-Di-Dah's aggregate liability to the Customer whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed the total sum paid or payable by the Customer to Dah-Di-Dah under the Contract.
16. Each publication is designed to be an aid to memory, to be used in addition to not as a replacement for first aid training. The circumstances in which illness and injury occur can vary considerably and are outside of the control of the authors and publishers. If you suspect an illness or injury you should always seek medical advice. While great care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information contained within each publication, the authors and publishers do not accept any liability for any inaccuracies and shall not be liable for the mistreatment of any person or property however caused.
17. Dah-Di-Dah reserve the right to remove or amend any part of its publications without prior notice or consultation.
18. The Customer shall indemnify Dah-Di-Dah for any loss or expenses caused as a result of providing inaccurate information to Dah-Di-Dah, mistakes contained within the Customer's order, changes to the Contract requested by the Customer or personal injury or death caused by the Customer not following Dah-Di-Dah guidelines correctly.
19. If the Customer becomes bankrupt or enters into liquidation, administration or administrative receivership or has a receiver of any of its assets appointed (or ceases or threatens to cease carrying on business) Dah-Di-Dah shall be entitled to cancel any outstanding Contract(s) without liability to the Customer and any sums outstanding shall become immediately due and payable.
20. If the parties are unable to resolve any dispute arising between them, either party may initiate an alternative dispute resolution procedure with the assistance of a mediator agreed by the parties or, in default of such agreement, appointed at the request of either party by the Centre for Dispute Resolution or such other similar body as is agreed.
21. Any written notice given under these terms and conditions shall be served either by registered post or by facsimile to the relevant party's registered/principal office or last known address.
22. No other person or body who is not a party to the Contract has any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any terms of the Contract.
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Dah-Di-Dah Publishing Ltd is registered in Gibraltar with number 113753.
Please note that because we work with prisons and prisoners we do not ordinarily publish our business address.
Please use the contact form on this site and we'll get back to you as quickly as we can.
Dah-Di-Dah Publishing Ltd